‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh, Miss Molly!

     One of my secret obsessions is the Travel Channel and today just so happens to be one of those days where you order a pizza or Chinese and stay in and watch TV so, I've been glued for a while now. It just so happens that I've visited a couple of these places and I didn't even know that they were haunted. Great! Here are 2 places that I thought were the most relevant.


     Miss Molly's B&B on the outskirts of Fort Worth in the middle of the Fort Worth Stockyards is said to be the most haunted Bed and Breakfast in the country. It used to be a hotel called the Palace then, later, it became a bordello after tough times through out the 1940's. It is said to have full body apparitions and sightings all through out the building. Toilets flushing, lights turning on and off, all the usual symptoms. ;) The current owner is Dawn Street-Boyd; check out Miss Molly's website HERE!!


     Oak Alley Plantation is located in Louisiana in the surrounding area of New Orleans and I happen to have visited the plantation a while back. It is one of the most gorgeous places I've visited with an "alley" of oak trees lining the entrance to the manor. It's a beautiful place and very popular for destination weddings. I personally want to get married there.
     It is also said to be one of the most haunted plantations in the country. There has been two main families to have lived in the manor, the first and second wives that lived there passed away in the manor and are said to haunt the corridors of the building. It is also said that one of the wives, the first one, is always dressed in black and sometimes gives tours of the manor. When later, guests inquire about the woman in black, they come to find that there are no women that match that description working there.
      I really don't remember if I saw a lady in black, I don't think I did but I do know that I sat on her favorite couch, the couch where she usually sits on. It's a green velvet couch in the second story hallway. Shitballs.
     Check out Oak Alley's website by clicking HERE!!! Scroll all the way down to get the 411 on the Lady in Black.

     Know any haunted places here in the Valley? Let me know, I've probably checked them out! More to come seeing that this month IS October.


x- JorgeLuis

No comments:

Post a Comment