‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

J.J. CASE Part Deux?



      So a while back I reported that I was working on my Spring/Summer clothing line; a high-end line of shirts for men. I'm trying to push the limits of what's acceptable for guys to wear. Nothing too crazy, don't get me wrong! I actually don't even know if people will like it; which is the most terrifying thing of it all.

     When you put a part of yourself, like I do here on this blog, out into the world for others to judge and take apart for entertainment, there is a certain type of insecurity that builds up in you. The same applies to a musician performing his music in front of an audience or an architect displaying his mock-up of a building he is designing. Will people like it? Will people read it? What will they get from it or will I end up upsetting (pissing) people off?

     Anyhow, I'll get deep later. This week I've devoted myself to buying all the things I need to start working on my line. That little mannequin thing that they use on Project Runway, ruler, new charcoal pencils, the works!! When I get all those things, I plan to devote my time next week to buying fabrics! I can't wait! I'll make sure I document every step of the way you know, just for your viewing pleasure. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment