‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Friday, October 22, 2010

A No Ying.

    This week had been particularly fun for me because I told myself I would find the Top 10 things that  I find frustrate me the most and/or make me look like a fool throughout my everyday life. Simple things. Stupid things. Insignificant things. But annoying nonetheless. Let's see if you can relate. Here they are, in no particular order:

10 - Pushing a door when it says pull.
     Not only are you left looking like a damn fool but you feel stupid. Especially when you look around and you see someone laughing and pointing in your direction.

9 - Trying to open a car door while someone is unlocking it for you and it closes again.
     A fairy pointless feat. It annoys both parties involved and it is a hassle. Not to mention someone always ends up screaming at the other party involved.

8 - Talking on the phone and not realizing the other person hung up already.
     A personal fail seeing that, like #10, you turn around and see if someone was watching BUT, no one can tell if you're talking to yourself anyway.

7 - Soda can exploding.
     You're left in a sticky situation. Enough said.

6 - Looking for something that is either in your hand, pocket or persona.
     Example? Keys, glasses, lighter, whatever you can imagine.

5 - Driving and missing an exit.
     Because really? Missing an exit you take everyday is just plain sad. For example! Here in town, we know the exit to 802 leads to grand places like Starbucks and Lacks so, when I miss said exit when I am in dire need for coffee, I get cranky and feel like a fool.

4 - Television.
     I have a flat-screen in my bedroom and it annoys me so when I can't turn it on. You press power, it turn on yet the screen stays black. You press power again thinking it's off but it makes a "click!!" sound and you know power has been cut. So on and so forth. This could go on forever.

3 - Screaming at John when his name is really Dave.
     Ever got someones' name wrong? Someones' name you know you SHOULDN'T  get wrong because of 13 previous introductions? Or, when you scream their name at the mall and they don't turn around? You look like the nut-case that just screamed for no reason.

2 - Expelling any form of gas or air from your carbon-based life form.
     Sneezing, coughing and flatulence are included in the above mentioned category. Because really? Passing gas in church is not saintly.

1- Jamming out in the car and the music ends abruptly.
     Because there is nothing more embarrassing than screaming your lungs out to Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" in the back seat to have you pal in the pilot/co-pilot seat change the station.

1 comment: