‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Animal Cruelty.

      Crocs.

      Need I say more? It's not so much cruelty against animals it more like cruelty against us humans for having to see those things in every color imaginable.  I don't get these shoes. Are they comfortable? I don't know. When i'm playing Kings, and Never Have I Ever comes up, that's a question I can answer no to truthfully and with pride because I've never worn a pair. Yes, people have told me that they're the best thing since sliced bread but I rather, and I quote NeNe Leakes on this one, "pluck my toenails one by one" than wear Crocs.
      The appeal of these shoes baffles me. They're not visually stunning so wearing them because they're "pretty" doesn't fly with me. They're made of rubber.
Let me say that again.
RUBBER.
      Payless anyone? The fact that you can buy little flowers and bugs and penguins or I don't know what the heck to adorn these rubber clogs makes me cringe with fear, disgust and laughter.
      To all of you who own a pair of these "shoes" I would like to know why? Comfortable? Probably. But so are my Kenneth Cole combat boots. Why don't you buy those!? Perhaps I will never get a straight answer until I myself, give in to this... trend... and try some on myself. I hear there's a Crocs sale on Boca Chica. These puppies are going for 5 bucks a pair AND you get a pair for free. For your FYI, you get what you pay for. It's the same thing when you pay two $25 cents for a margarita. The outcome? A hangover of every kind imaginable.


-J. Saenz

No comments:

Post a Comment