‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Thursday, January 27, 2011

World News

     As my sleeping pattern's been a little effed up, I tend to wake up at 7 or 8 AM everyday. This has become a nuisance yet a blessing in its own way. I wake up to national news and good humor. This can never be a bad thing right?
     Anyhow, there are a few things I read/saw this morning that really puzzled me. Let me list them below:


BRAZIL: 841 people have died due to the size and intensity of the floods ravaging the country. 


JAPAN: Mount Kirishima has erupted and has covered the sky in the south of the country in ash. Air traffic has been suspended. 


INDONESIA: Mount Bromo has erupted and grounded all air traffic to and from Bali.


IRAK: 51 people have died due to bombings.


MEXICO: Sueltan a Kalimba!


SAUDI ARABIA: Floods in Jeddah, the country's second largest city,  cause power outages and fear. (Floods in 2009 killed over 120 people)


(Photo courtesy of Susan Baaghil / Reuters)

      OK so, does anyone else find it a tad bit odd that Australia, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka have been ravished by by insanely large floods at the SAME TIME? Coincidence, really? I'm a little skeptical. 


     Who do you think is responsible for all of these natural disasters? Check out the poll and vote!




Sincerely, 
         J. Saenz

No comments:

Post a Comment