‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Carpet

      I cannot understand Americans' fixation and obsession with carpet. I don't! Do you? It's unsanitary and esthetically speaking? Horrendous. I recently went "apartment shopping" with a relator and it seemed to be that every place had some hideous carpet! Green carpet, beige carpet, burgundy carpet; you have no idea the array of colors these people can come up with.
      Do you people know how many bacteria and bugs and dirt carpet holds? I had carpet in my old apartment for about a year and hot-DAMN it got dirty. Now, for those of you who went to my apartment know that the carpet was never clean. You see, that's another reason why I don't like carpet. It's very hard to upkeep! 

      Oh you Americans. 

      I mean, I'm an American too but I grew up a la Mexican and my house had marble and wooden floors so I never had to deal with that. I do like a nice rug or two but that's pretty much it. I don't get why you would choose carpet over some gorge dark stained oak floors!

      I guess I'll never know. What do you think?



- J. Saenz

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand you, I hate the carpet in my apartment, even when I first got it, maintenance did not have the decency to ever clean it!

    ReplyDelete