‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

F*** Censorship

      See how I censored the title? Get it!?


      Ok so the American literary classic Huckleberry Finn is being re-published here in the U.S. without the N word. We all know what that word means and what it entails yet I am compelled to disagree with parents, critics and others across America in censoring the word.  We all grew up reading this book. Mark Twain wrote it beautifully and it shows a period in time in out nation's history that is important to know and study and comprehend. We can't pick and choose what we want to know or what has happened in history or what we want out children to learn.
      The novel depicted a time in history that we must learn to not forget. There is a reason why everyone has read this book while they were growing up because of it great portrayal of life in that specific era.

      I don't agree with the re-publishing of the book without the N-word; even though it comes out 219 times. I am completely opposed with censorship in literary classics.
      What do you guys think? Should they continue with the re-publishing or should the not go through with it at all?





Shout out to my Russian readers!


Большое вам спасибо за посещение!
-J.Saenz


No comments:

Post a Comment