‎"For some reason, I've always linked the idea of being cultured with the notion of having class. I realize they're two separate entities, yet in my mind they're inexorably tied." - Jennifer Lancaster

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Fountain of Music

     I've been listening to DJ La Fuente for almost a year now and I must say I do love his music. His ability to seamlessly sow house with musical elements like guitar in "Guitarra" or violin in "Irish" is masterful. His creations are best described, as it is written on his website, as "soulful and upbeat." This 27 year old Dutch national has played all over his homeland and internationally as well.

      As you see him you can't help but notice (and love) his afro. He's probably the only Dutch to ever pull that style off. The times that I've talked to him, he seems super cool & down to earth. I told him that my mother said that she loved his music and that he should be honored since it's a higher compliment than winning a Grammy and he just laughed it off and told me to tell my mom "hello." Isn't that sweet? Now, for those you you who know my mother,  you know how she is. She's a tough cookie yet she's as sweet as sugar so I was surprised she like this type of music.

      What I'm getting to is that you should check him out. Now. Click HERE to go to his official website and click HERE to go to his Official Youtube Channel and check out my personal favorite song by him called "Guitarra" ft. Rosenberg Trio.


Shout out to my new readers in The Netherlands,  Malaysia, Denmark, the UK & Canada! x/x :)


Veel liefde,
J. Saenz
DJ La Fuente
(Photos via http://www.cocktailnightinparis.nl/ & http://www.webshop-dj-lafuente.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment